2. Alaska – In Fairbanks, AK, it is illegal to serve an alcoholic beverages to moose. I’m pretty sure Sarah Palin had nothing to do with this law…
2. New York – According to the New York State Liquor Authority, you can buy wine, wine glasses, wine stoppers and corkscrews at a liquor store, but the state of New York prohibits them from selling wine gift bags. Sell a gift bag to a wine buying customer and you’ll be fined $10,000.
3. Colorado – law requires that wine be sold in containers of at least 24 ounces and spirits in containers at least a fifth of a gallon. But, at the same time, it also decrees that no alcohol beverage can be stored in hotel minibars in anything larger than miniature containers.
5. Nebraska – It is illegal for a bar to sell beer unless it is simultaneously brewing a kettle of soup.
6. Iowa – It is still illegal for men to drink beer while they are in bed with their wives…It’s also is illegal to “run a tab” in Iowa.
7. Texas – The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a recipe for making beer that could be used at home.
8. Florida – Don’t plan on using any of the celebratory Champagne bottle sizes known as Methuselahs, Salamanazars, Balthazars or Nebuchadnezzars. These very traditional large format Champagne bottle sizes are all illegal in Florida.
9. Texas and Ohio – The French wine, "Fat Bastard" is banned in both these States as the name is considered offensive..
10. California – No alcohol beverages can be displayed within five feet of a cash register of any store in California that sells both alcohol and motor fuel.This entry was posted in Facts, Funny and tagged Funny Alcohol Laws, Strange Alcohol Laws, Weird Alcohol Laws. Bookmark the permalink. ← Trinitas Carneros Pinot Noir 2009 Paired with Cedar Plank Sockeye Salmon Rhone Gang – Hold Up 2007 →